Friday 21 March 2014

Personal | National Trust - Saltram House








Since being back in our home town Plymouth, we are seeing it through different eyes. We were asked many times by our fellow Aussie friend whether we had been certain places. We shamefully had to say no!! Alex & I made a pact to ourselves that if we ever moved home we would see more of our home country!! 

So off we went to Saltram House! I live 10 minutes from this National Trust property and I had embarrassingly never in to the house. I had done the walk around the property more times than I can count on my hands. As soon as I walked in I wanted to kick myself. It's a true beauty!! The original builder of this house had a fascination with symmetry, a fellow designer after my own heart. The detail each room holds is incredible, even down to the door handles and skirting boards. I fell in love with the wallpaper and bed furnishings. Especially that bed!! The colour combinations are real pretty.

I also have a large fascination with copper at the moment (see my pinterest board here), so when I walked into the kitchen my eyes lit up! I felt like a child at Christmas. If I wasn't such an honest person, I might of bagged one of those saucepans. I also want to know where I can buy a copper sink.... anyone?!

We visited on quite a grey day, so I would love to return in the summer and explore the grounds more with all the hide away gardens as they were begging for a picnic. If you are local to the area, I would truly suggest going along for a visit.

1 comment :