Monday 17 March 2014

Fashion | Skate of Mind


Images source: Selfridges
I love it when I see sports such as skating and surfing trickle into high fashion magazines. When I heard Selfridges were doing a large worldwide skate campaign I couldn't wait to take a look. They have teamed up with some of the worlds biggest and moved loved brands to create exclusive limited edition skate decks. 

I have tried skateboarding once or twice and failed miserably. I could never get over that fear of concrete. However due to this fear I completely respect it as a sport and understand how dedicated & brave great skaters are.

I am sure Jayne Min of Stop It Right Now has a lot to answer for, mixing skateboarding with high fashion with her DIY Celine style skate deck. I can remember she had a waiting list for those babies. I would love to buy a few of these decks and put them on a wall. Wouldn't they would make amazing works of arts?!

No comments :

Post a Comment